Dream Lake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreamlake is a multi-species play by post fantasy role play game.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

/broken/in/a/thousand/ways/

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tenebrae

Tenebrae

Suro : 23038

/broken/in/a/thousand/ways/ Empty
PostSubject: /broken/in/a/thousand/ways/   /broken/in/a/thousand/ways/ I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 11:56 am

The skinny grey and white wolf cautiously padded towards the river, her ears pricked. This was a strange place indeed- how had she got here? It seemed sparsely populated, judging by the fact she hadn't come across the scent of another wolf in all her time here. Well, that suited her just fine.

Tenebrae was a fairly pretty fem, with sharp, angular features and green eyes. They weren't milky or misty, and only the fixed way they stared at nothing showed that she was blind. However, she had been born like that, and found her way around just fine.

Cautiously, she dipped a paw into the chilly water, gauging it's depth and how strong the current was. Not too bad- if she had to, she could swim here. It was always a good idea to test beforehand when you were blind- she was unlikely to notice the bank giving way until it was too late. Here, it felt firm, but you never could tell.

Slowly, she lowered her head to the water, lapping up a few drops of the cool liquid. It was fresh here- no hint of pollutants. That was a good sign. She licked the dewdrops from her slim muzzle, and, after a moments consideration, set off at a trot downriver.
Back to top Go down
Kara
Admin
Kara

Suro : 2147506977

PostSubject: ~*~Cursed with a Dream~*~    /broken/in/a/thousand/ways/ I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 1:40 pm

/broken/in/a/thousand/ways/ Alue___body_blush_by_sammehflo-d3e020l

Alue is a rather short all pure white wolfess with stunning icy blue eyes. Her legs are long, her body, slender. Her tail just barely taps the ground. Around her neck hung a black felt necklace with a perfect black raven feather at the end.

Usually, Alue didn't wander down south, ever since she got to this place, it seemed as if she liked the empty north more so than the empty south. Alue still thought she was the only wolf in the lands, then again, they all thought that. So why was she here? Exploring, of course. She needed to know for sure if anyone else lived here. Alue finallyreached the end of Kier city a while ago, and now, she in ally reached the end of line forest, the forest that separated North and South. Alue kept her trotting pace as she entered River Forest, the forest that bordered Forest River. the river and forest were both famous for their names. All of the trees were annoying to weave in and out of them.

A while later, Alue saw the blueness of the river and smelt it's misty air. It was now a clear mid day, seeing she trotted the whole way to the river. She slowened her pace to a walk and approached the river. The water level was lower than she had expected. And the water current was just fast enough to keep the water clean. She figured when and if this place will be inhabited, this would be a major water supply, unless of course, there were more rivers like this. Alue looked to her right down the river, it was a beautiful place as she could tell. But what was that? At the other side of the river, could that be... A wolf?

Alue padded a quick pace to see if she had discovered a living soul. When she came close enough, she noticed it was a wolf. Neither of them could smell a scent of each other, due to the wind's awkward direction flow. She came to in front of the wolf at e opposite side of the river as him. She waited a few moments, wagging her white tail. Could he not see me? AAlue thought. She cocked her head, then matched her icy blue eyes to see his. "Hello?" She asked, wondering what his problem was. Maybe he was blind? Alue didn't see and cataracts in his eyes, like she does in her son's eyes. Neko, Alue missed that little guy, though, he probably wasn't little anymore. But she couldn't see him again, she left him as a pup, what if he died, unable to fend himself because of his blindness?
Back to top Go down
https://dreamlake.rpg-board.net
Tenebrae

Tenebrae

PostSubject: /broken/in/a/thousand/ways/   /broken/in/a/thousand/ways/ I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 3:27 pm

((OOC: Tenebrae is female. elephant ))

Tenebrae started violently at the wolves voice that sounded just as she set off- she tripped over her own paws and crashed nose first into the ground. It was a painful collision, made worse by her own humiliation. All her life she had laboured to show people that being blind didn't make her inferior, and then she did something like that! Stupid, stupid, stupid. So very helpless... she could almost hear her father's voice, taunting her. [i Too fast, too soon, little cub. Useless little cub...[/i]

She scrambled to her feet as fast as she could, sending chunks of earth flying as her paws scrabbled to find purchase on the riverbank. It was only lucky she hadn't fallen into the water, she guessed.

Warily, she raised her head and scented the air- nothing- evidently the water had clouded the creatures scent. She thought she could dimly hear something breathing, but it was so faint she could well have imagined it. The voice had sounded female, but that was no reassurance- the last person to attack Tenebrae had been a lioness. She had the scars to prove it.

"Hello?" she asked uncertainly, then cursed herself. She had, most likely, just made herself seem a lot more vulnerable. She made her voice more steely as she next spoke. "Who- or what- is there?"/broken/in/a/thousand/ways/ Mitternacht_by_murder_rose-d470msw
Back to top Go down
Kara
Admin
Kara

PostSubject: ~*~Cursed wih   /broken/in/a/thousand/ways/ I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 5:28 pm

Alue giggled at her fall. "Epic." She smiled. "What am I? Ima wolf. What do I look like? A dragon?" She sarcastically replied. Sometimes, Alue didn't think before she spoke, and her sarcasm got in the way most of the time, "Oh. Sorry. Didn't mean to say that. Well, Im Alue." She calmed herself down then stepped into the water and brushed some dirt gently off of her nose and pelt. "Im not going to hurt you, trust me." Alue felt a little sorry for this fey, being older than Tenebrae, she treated her as her own pup, especially now she since she noticed she was blind.

"Whats you name?" Alue asked, mating her icy blue eyes to hers. Then she looked down at the rather low level of water, dodging the space her legs were stealing. Now the wind had shifted in Tenebrae's favor, so she could smell Alue. Alue patiently waited for a response.

(eh, crapy post)  
Back to top Go down
Tenebrae

Tenebrae

PostSubject: /broken/in/a/thousand/ways/   /broken/in/a/thousand/ways/ I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 10:05 am

Tenebrae bristled at Alue's dragon comment. "Well, I wouldn't know. Must be nice to be able to actually see these things." she snapped, taking in the other wolves scent. Wolf, female, older than herself. Didn't seem particularly aggressive, but a lot depended on Tenebrae taking a chance. The young wolf took a few steps back so that she was within bolting distance,made uncertain by the kindness in Alue's voice. Kindness was not something she had experienced much of in her short life, and the teenager didn't know how to react to it, or if it was genuine.

On the other hand, this wolf would probably know more about this place than her. That was something worth nothing.
"What is this face?" she asked, keeping well back from the waters edge, her eyes wary. The only person in her life who had ever been really kind to her was her mother, and she had died for it. Since then, Tenebrae had fought, killed, and had chunks ripped out of her. It had taught her that in life, you would do well not to trust anybody. But wolves were deeply social creatures, and at her heart Tenebrae was lonely.
Back to top Go down
Kara
Admin
Kara

PostSubject: ~*~Cursed with a Dream~*~   /broken/in/a/thousand/ways/ I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 12:02 pm

Alue still didn't get a name from Tenebrae. So she decided to ask again. "What is your name? Alue asked the fey, skipping her question for now, "I would love to talk to you, but I need your name." she said gently. Alue waited for a name patiently. Since she was a patient wolf, she had all day. The white fey sat on her romp and licked her nose to moisten it.

----

After she got the name, she replied to her question, "This place? I'm not sure what it is. I've only seen two creatures in this whole... Whatever it is. You, and this one fey, don't know her name, but she seemed to know a bit about this place, I mean, she could fly, she saw me and flew away. It was weird, but I could tell she knew what this place was, I would suggest you ask her that same question you asked me." Alue replied, a smile across her maw as she watched the fey aimlessly look in her direction.

(bad post, sorry, and I hope the mild power play of tenebrae looking aimlessly in her direction was ok)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: /broken/in/a/thousand/ways/   /broken/in/a/thousand/ways/ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

/broken/in/a/thousand/ways/
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dream Lake :: Southern Dreamlake :: Forest River-
Jump to: